A classic, slightly wide-angle 35mm focal length, loved by documentary photographers for its ability to capture a subject within its environment without distorting perspective.
- A wide-angle view with a natural perspective
- Superb low-light performance and depth of field control
- Sets new standards in image quality
- Focuses quickly and discreetly
- Keep shooting even in tough conditions
A large f/1.4 maximum aperture lets in two stops more light than an f/2.8 zoom lens, making this an ideal lens for hand-held photography in low-light conditions.
Shooting at wide apertures allows photographers to limit depth of field. Creating such shallow-focus effects is one way that a subject can be made to stand out against a background, and is particularly effective when combined with the lens’s wide-angle field of view.
The lens’s nine-bladed aperture renders out-of-focus areas smoothly and naturally.