Despite its amazingly light 0.8kg body, the FS5 is more than tough enough for the rigours of real-world shooting. A magnesium chassis ensures high rigidity with ¼-inch screw holes on handle, top and bottom of the body to support mounting on a drone, gimbal or in an underwater housing. A detachable Smart Grip puts all of the FS5’s key functions at your fingertips and is easily adjusted with the press of a single button.
However you want to shoot, the FS5 adapts to fit your style . A high resolution 0.39-inch OLED viewfinder enables precise manual focus and is perfectly offset for right-eye or left-eye viewing. A 3.5-inch LCD screen can be attached in no less than nine different locations: three on top of the handle and another six on top of the body. And once attached, the positioning of the screen can be freely adjusted – for example either beside the camera body or directly along the axis of the lens.
The FS5 is built around a high-sensitivity 4K Super35 Exmor™ CMOS Sensor that offers all the benefits of a large format sensor in combination with the exceptional image readout speeds required for 4K motion-picture shooting and super slow motion.
- 4K resolution: 11.6 million total pixels and 8.8 million* effective pixels deliver 4K resolution. Even if you’re delivering in HD, your recordings will capture detail and image texture that HD sensors simply cannot see
- Super 35 size sensor offers ‘bokeh,’ the defocussed backgrounds made possible by shallow depth of field, as well as excellent low-light sensitivity and an expansive field of view
- 14 stops of exposure latitude deliver powerful grayscale rendition without crushing shadow detail or blowing out highlight detail
- Sony’s Exmor CMOS design provides high-speed full-pixel read-out capability (without pixel binning) and sophisticated camera processing to ensure jaggies and moiré are minimised
- Record 10bit 4:2:2 in Full HD at up 50Mbps internally
* RAW output with optional CBKZ-FS5RIF.